Like most people, bookworms have New Year’s Resolutions, however, you guessed it, they’re always reading related. Like many bookworms on Goodreads, I’ve set my Reading Challenge for 2019. I opted for 30 books, however, this will be 30 new books as I’m not including anything I will re-read in the total end of year count. I believe this is definitely achievable, especially as there are still so many Brontë inspired books out there I’m waiting to get my hands on, and so many pieces of Brontë juvenilia I haven’t yet read.
I’ve also devised my own reading challenge for 2019 with regards to the type of material I will read this year rather than just the amount that I’m aiming to get through. My aim is to branch out a little whilst still finding time to enjoy the kind of literature I love the most. You can find my list of 13 aims below; there were originally ten but I couldn’t resist adding a few Brontë related choices to the end.
- A Shakespeare Play You Haven’t Read Before
- A Book You Read a Long Time Ago
- A Book with Time or Day in the Title
- A Book by a Local Author
- A Book That Was Originally Published In A Language Other Than English
- A Novel Based on a Real Person
- A Collection of Short Stories
- A Book That You Haven’t Read Before Because You Find It Intimidating
- A Classic Of Children’s Literature You Haven’t Already Read
- A Piece of Non-Brontë Juvenilia
- A Piece of Brontë Juvenilia You Haven’t Read Before
- A Brontë Biography You Haven’t Read Before
- A Piece of Brontë Inspired Fiction You Haven’t Read Before
I’ve already got some titles in mind but who knows what books 2019 will actually bring me? I’d love to hear from any other bookworms and Brontëites who are participating in a 2019 reading challenge. Reader, enjoy whatever you read this year.
By Nicola F. a.k.a. The Brontë Babe.
Thanks for reading. Find me on twitter @BronteBabeBlog where I tweet about books, the Brontës, and animal rights. A lot.
Please do not copy, share, or use the images from this post without seeking permission first. Cover photo by Suzy Hazelwood on Pexels.com